For those of you who know me know I am not a crafty person. I so wish I was but for whatever reason that gene was not passed down to me. I love Wednesday morning MOPS where I get to show up and have all the supplies and how to’s laid out for me so I am able to feel just a little crafty once a month. Today was our last meeting of the year so what better way to end then to do Christmas ornaments and cookies in a jar which by the way, is an excellent gift to give for those of us on a budget!!!
Pint sized chocolate chip cookies in a jar:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
Layer into jar:
- Above mixture
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
*you will really need to press it down in there to make it all fit*
once you are finished cover the lid with your choice of fabric then use ribbon to tie the cooking directions tag to the jar.
Glitter Christmas ornaments:
- clear ornaments (currently 50% off at Michael’s)
- floor polish
- glitter packets
- paint pens
- Remove ornament lid and pour a small amount of floor polish into the jar
- swirl around until entire ornament is coated then drain excess liquid
- Pour glitter into ornament ad swirl until covered then pour out excess
- let sit about 5 min.
- replace top and use paint pens to decorate as desired
I hope everyone enjoys getting into the Christmas spirit as much as I did today!! If you decide to do the ornaments I’d love to see how your turn out 🙂