Today I woke up sore from our long hike yesterday and thought about making this a rest day, but after waking up at 5 am with my 17 month old (thanks time change and barking dogs) I decided around 9 to head to muscle pump. If we don’t go to the gym in the mornings things just don’t seem to go as well the rest of the day.
Reasons not to skip:
- Emalyn first of all loves to go to child watch and play with all her buddies. Several of the older kids have totally taken to her and it makes my heart smile to see them yell her name and watch her face light up.
- Endorphins, endorphins, endorphins…. Did I say endorphins?!? 🙂
- Keep the aches and pains of my ever-growing self at bay
- Keep the scale from yelling “get off of meeeee!!!!!”
- Living a healthy lifestyle for my family
- Last but not least I love all of the people I workout with that pick up my mood and keep me sane!!
I have just reached the 22 week mark and I’m feeling great. I’ve gained less weight so far then I did with Emalyn (which I’m hoping to keep up) I’ve kept my workout routine in check and I most of the time choose healthy foods to curb cravings although I will be the first to say that some days are much harder than others ;)!!
My current choice of workouts are spinning, muscle pump, hiking and tennis. I miss running but my body just doesn’t let me run while pregnant probably because my body hates to run period but I love it so we fight over it A LOT!!
Today I’m off to my monthly weigh in and to listen to baby girls heartbeat.